Monday, 1 July 2013

Cargo bicycle

One of the cultures I like here in Denmark is the bicycle culture. It is deeply rooted in every Dane.
Kids here start to learn cycling very early, maybe when they are one year ago. So for most Danes see cycling as part of every daily life. Danes with their bikes, is a very nice Danish landscape. Therefor I love to capture them on pictures and share with you all.

Cycling instead of driving a car, within a reasonable distance, is very good for the environment. Even more so, if the bike can take more than one person, like the cargo bikes, I often see parents cycling with their kids sitting in the cargo seat. It is very lovely and sweet for me to see. I would love to find a second hand Danish cargo bike one day, so I can be the one sitting on the cargo seat, or transport things, or kids if I have.



This is sweet. Do you see there is a dog sittting on the cargo with a kid? 







9 comments:

  1. oh i love biking, sadly I don't. I walk a lot...
    and I would love to discover a tea package from you on my bike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walk even better, I love walking too:)

      Delete
  2. I am in love with the idea of taking the dog in the cargo part. My dog would love it and I would love to take him for a walk like this (you see he is getting too old and he is not into big walks anymore so this would be a perfect way to take him out without him getting too tired (: )

    Here in Lisbon the habit for bicycles is growing more and more and that is also because the city is growing conscious of creating the spaces for bicycles to pass the city without being in the middle of the road, which was very dangerous.

    Have a great week (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, I saw a video in youtube once, there is a guy who made a little wagon to take his dog ( too old can't walk) for walk. It is so sweet. Like this video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Z3NKIks8Q

      Delete
  3. This post is so sweet :) I need to choose my bicycle over my car more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love to bike but my bike is long gone,she was with me for more than 15 years :)
    i walk everywhere,walking makes my head calmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is even better, you can see more and be aware of more things around you then cycling:)

      Delete
  5. what are they doing with their plants in their carts?

    ReplyDelete