Monday, 28 December 2015

I wish you a good 2016

2015 is going to end in few days, and I wish you all a good 2016 :)

I was wanting to do Christmas "Dear stranger" but then I got a cold almost the whole of December, so most of the time, I just felt no energy to do things.

Now I feel much better, specially after drinking liquorice tea this week. So now I have decided to do New Year "Dear stranger".

This Christmas I have been reading  a book called " A gift from Bob" and it inspired me to keep up my "Dear stranger" project. The story is about Bob and his human, who was in a very difficult situation. He did not have enough money to pay for heating and it looked like they might not have any heating for Christmas. So he worked very hard; went out in the streets of London to sell "The best seller" newspaper and busking in the in snow. Christmas is a time where people show love and care for each other and many people really were so nice to him and Bob, that they were able to pay for heating. Therefore he decided to use some of the money he had earned, to buy a few boxes of Christmas cards and write to the nice people who helped him out. I remember he wrote that; "he just wanted to put a smile on peoples faces". It is so inspiring; a guy who had nothing but he still thought about doing something for others.
I have often read about very poor people doing great things for others. Really great things like build a school, or saving a persons life. I really admire them.
Dear stranger is just hanging some small gifts for people. I know it is not great like the others, but I also just want to put a smile on peoples faces.

By the way, I have already read "A street cat called Bob" a few years ago. If you love cats, this is a book not to miss. My cats change me for the better too. Thank you Cats.

In Denmark it gets dark around half past 3 now, so sometimes when I hang out the little gifts on people's bicycles, it is so dark that I can hardly take a nice picture, so if it is dark outside I will only use my smart phone and upload these pictures on instagram @ dear_stranger_project































I made these birds and stars ceramic, I hope that you will like it





"Godt NytÃ¥r " in danish mean happy new year :) 

10 comments:

  1. I love your project.
    please keep on with it.
    kindness is important in this mad world. let's be better human beings....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words :) I will try my best to keep my this little project.
      And I hope you have a good 2016 :)

      Delete
  2. I love your project.
    please keep on with it.
    kindness is important in this mad world. let's be better human beings....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am sure you are too :)

      Delete
  4. such lovely gifts!! It's wonderful that you take the time to do this, with such love...
    I love your pics, btw. And, as a cat lover myself, i have to read those books asap!
    happy new year!!
    (i'm @vixpichel on instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello vix, tell me if you want me to send you some petit ecolier biscuits :)

      Delete
    2. oh! i don't want to put you in any trouble! But it would indeed be lovely. I'll send you an email! Thank you! :*)

      Delete
  5. Your project is so touching and in a BIG way!! :) :) Inspiring to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, your words make my day :D

      Delete