Sunday, 17 July 2016

Dear Strangers In Hong Kong

Dear strangers,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing well.

We moved to Bangkok almost 4 months ago and I have been to Hong Kong twice, in the meantime, which is very nice. I like to be able to visit family often. By the way, I don't think I have mention this before, I am from Hong Kong :)

The first time back to Hong Kong from Bangkok, I planned to do some " Dear stranger". I made all the packages in advance, but I was so busy that I ended up doing nothing for this project.
However, last time back to Hong Kong I got some snack from Thailand and some Japanese green tea in Hong Kong. I packed them with the very limited tools I had with me and just hand drew something on the envelopes. I tried to wrap them as nice as I could, but I know it is not the most beautiful packing >.<

Placing the packages turned out to be very hard, because there are very few bicycles specially in central Hong Kong, but I managed anyway. Maybe next time, I should put the packages in somewhere else, but where? Any suggestions?













6 comments:

  1. If it was a small flat package you could put them on the windscreen of a car under the windscreen wipers. It would be fun to find one of your packages instead of parking tickets or junk advertising x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "It would be fun to find one of your packages instead of parking tickets" ....hehe, it is so funny. And it is a good idea :D

      Delete
  2. oh, they ended up being as beautiful as always, maybe simpler but still lovely!!
    I can't think of any suggestions as to where to leave them... i don't know much about Asian culture, what you can find on the streets... maybe at doorsteps? through mailboxes in houses? on benches at a religious temple?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cultures is different from county to country in Asia, just like in Europe. I am from Hong kong, but I don't understand that much about Thai cultures and any other Asian countries cultures. Somethings they do or they believe, it doesn't make sense for me. I am trying to understand why they do this and that at the moment.... hehe :D Oh, what a good idea to put it in people's mail box :)

      Delete
  3. Awww they are still super sweet!! I like the other people's ideas - what about hidden in libraries? I didn't know you're from Hong Kong - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I am not sure if I can do it in Hong Kong Libraries because Libraries always so quiet. Hehe, But I may try :D

      Delete